Monday, June 30, 2008

The Cost

I decided that I would start posting some devotional thoughts on this site. I hope that you regularly check them out. Let me know your thoughts and comments as well.

Passage to Read: Luke 9
Passage to Focus On: Luke 9:57-62
Passage to Memorize: Luke 9:62
My Thoughts: Earlier in the chapter Jesus tells the disciples that they must take up their cross and follow him. That is not an easy thing to do. Once again, Jesus is very clear in describing the cost of following him. It is tough to think that when we follow Christ we give up everything else. Jesus compares following him to working the plow. We must not look back at what could have been, but rejoice in what is going to be. Are you looking back at the things in life wishing you had those things instead of what you have in Christ? Is there something in your life that you need to give up?

No comments: